Xacuti Potato Masala Dosa is a fusion dosa made with regular dosa batter stuffed with Potato Masala that is cooked with the special Xacuti Curry Powder.
When I was planning the list, I was struck with X and I was almost thinking I might end up using an adjective for this with some different dosa dish. When I decided on the Indian Flatbread for this Alphabet, I realized I could easily make for this series as well.
Xacuti Curry has been on my mind for so long. And with each AtoZ Series, I land on this dish and postpone it to later. I was so glad I thought of this fusion Dosa. When one can make so many fusion dishes with Dosa as the base, why not this!
I searched if somebody has already done something like this and couldn’t come up with any search result. So I realized that only Mega BM can make one think beyond the regular ideas. I wanted to go the full length and use all the ingredients that on in a typical Xacuti Curry. However, I thought just using the special Xacuti Curry powder would suffice.
Having the idea on the Indian Flatbread was a wave and I was grinning to myself about the brilliant idea. Yea, no modesty over there please, naturally nobody else at home would even understand if I try to explain to them. In fact, I didn’t even share that I am making a Masala Dosa or a Roti with this masala, I just wanted them to enjoy and not have too many questions.
So I end up sharing on this space what a brilliant idea that came about!
A to Z Dosa Varieties
A for Alle Belle
B for Bele Dose
C for Chilro
D for Dhuska
E for Eylanchi
F for Faraali Dosa
G for Ghaaroda
H for Heerekai Dosa
I for ILam Dosai
J for Jini Dosa
K for Kadapa Karam Dosa
L for Lentil Dosa
M for Mushti Dosa
N for Nachni Uttapam
O for Oats Dosa
P for Phanna Doddak
Q for Quinoa Dosa
R for Rava Onion Masala Dosa
S for Surnali Dosa
T for Thavalai Dosa
U for Ulli Karam Dosa with Cheese
W for Watermelon Rind Dosa
PIN This for Later!
Step By Step Pictures for making Xacuti Potato Masala Dosa
Xacuti Potato Masala Dosa
For the Dosa
- Dosa Batter as required
- Cooking Oil for making dosas
For the Stuffing
- 1 cup Potato boiled and mashed
- 1/2 cup Onions julienne
- A Pinch Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Xacuti Curry Powder
- 2 to 3 Green Chilies
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Cooking Oil
- Handful Coriander Leaves finely chopped
How to make the Xacuti Potato Masala Dosa
For the Stuffing
- Wash and slash the potatoes. Microwave for 6 mins. Soak in water and peel the skin.
- Mash it well.
- Heat a nonstick pan and saute onions in oil.
- Add the mashed potatoes along with chili powder and green chilies.
- Mix well and cook for 5 mins. Then add the xacuti powder. Combine everything.
- Finally, add finely chopped coriander leaves.
For making the Dosa
- Heat a tawa and grease well. Pour a ladleful of batter and spread as a circle. Drizzle oil over it.
- Simmer till its cooked and flip to the other side. Cook for few seconds.
- Then turn over again. Now take a spoonful of Xacuti Masala and spread over the cooked dosa.
- Drizzle few drops of ghee and fold over.
- Serve hot with side dish of choice.