Ghaaroda is a thick pancake from Gujarat made with leftover cooked rice and Besan. This is yet another quick and instant pancakes you can make.
The couple of sites I referred were entries sent to my Dosa Mela 12 years ago. After finalizing my dosa list, when I still had couple of letters to search, I suddenly remembered that I had a Dosa Mela for my first Anniversary. As with all years, I completely forgot my blog anniversary this year too.
I started this blog when my boys were about 5 months, they are in 7th standard now. They have seen the blog grow as they grew. Each and every post written here is with so many memories that are hard not to remember.
Food has been an integral part of our lives. My sites have become a permanent part of what I am. With BM, my family is extended to all my blogger friends and can’t even express my joy when I share that we are going to celebrate BM#100 next year!
Anyway I am regressing from the topic. So Ghaaroda was an entry sent for Dosa Mela and I went back to check the list for alphabets that was tough to crack. I was so glad to find this quick pancake making use of leftover left and besan and just about any veggies you want to add as well.
Finally I got my G in the AtoZ Flatbread and more, where I am doing AtoZ Dosa Varieties. It includes all Batter based Indian Breads. If you want to know whats G in AtoZ Indian Flatbread, follow the link!
A to Z Dosa Varieties
PIN This for Later!
Step by Step Pictures for making Ghaaroda
Ghaaroda ~ Leftover Rice Besan Pancake from Gujarat
- 1 cup – Rice cooked
- 1.5 cup – Besan Chickpea Flour
- 1 cup – Onion chopped
- 1 /4 cup – Capsicum chopped
- 2 to 3 – Green Chilli chopped finely,
- 1 /2 cup – Coriander leaves chopped
- 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp – Ajwain / Carom Seeds
- Salt to taste
- Cooking Oil for frying
How to make Ghaaroda
- Take the Rice, besan in a bowl, add the finely chopped vegetables along with spices.
Slowly add water to get a batter.
- Heat a tawa and grease well.
- Spread the batter and drizzle oil. Cook on low flame. Once done, flip and cook on the other side as well.
- Serve hot, this can be eaten as such as well.