Milk Chocolate Brownie with Hazelnut is a gooey brownie with a crusty crust and gooey center. With an added crunch of hazelnuts. you are in chocolate heaven!
This was not the intended dish for the day though the plan was to bake a cake. Every year for Christmas my colleague gets us Brownies and everybody keeps raving about it. I got the recipe from him to make an eggless version, though I could’ve made with eggs, I just couldn’t get myself. The brownies I made took more time than what he had mentioned.
The brownies were also super buttery and soft. I had to microwave again for 2 mins to make them little hard.
I enjoyed a lot and I know my chocoholic kids will like it too, even though the other elders prefer a hard cake.PIN this
Step by Step Pictures
Milk Chocolate Brownie with Hazelnut
- 100 gm – All Purpose Flour / Maida
- 100 gm – Butter unsalted
- 300 gm – Milk Chocolate
- 125 gm – Sugar powdered
- 2 tbsp – Egg Replacer for 2 eggs mixed with 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup – Curds / Yogurt for 2 eggs mixed with 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp – Baking Powder
- Handful Hazelnuts
- Few drops Vanilla Essence
Method to prepare:
- Chop the milk chocolate and microwave for a minute or two until it melts completely. Mix the butter and blend well till both are well mixed.
- Mix the egg replacer with 6 tbsp water and whisk well. Keep it aside.
- Measure rest of the ingredients and have it ready.
- When the chocolate has cooled down, add the flour, sugar, egg replacer, curds and mix well.
- Add the vanilla essence and the baking powder. Mix well.
- Finally, save some and add the chopped hazelnuts.
- Grease a square 8″ baking pan and line with a parchment paper.
- Transfer the batter and even the top. Top with the saved hazelnuts.
- Preheat the oven to 185C and then bake for 35 to 40 mins till the top cracks.
- You can start checking from when it is 30 mins to see if the brownie is all proper.
Depending on how gooey you want, you can increase the temperature to 200 and bake for 20 mins Or increase the butter. However, I felt mine was so buttery as such!
This is part of December Week 4, Cooking from Cookbook Challenge Group.
This is part of the Bake-a-thon 2017