Savoury Onion Pancakes in Greek style are called Kremidotiganites. These onion pancakes are made with a handful of ingredients and quick to make. When I was going through this site, I decided I will be making all my three dishes from this site as it seems to have vegan style cooking and easy to follow dishes.
When I landed in this Savoury Onion Pancake made in Greek style, I was so surprised. Dosas in Greek style surely applied to me and especially when it had ingredients that so easy to get done, I surely wanted to make it. While I have been planning on making these since the weekend, I ended up making it for my breakfast today and Athamma also loved it. This was our breakfast and we thoroughly enjoyed it, with ketchup. We could have made a better spicy dip, but then I didn’t realise it would be this delicious.
I love making pancakes, more because it’s quite easy to assemble the ingredients and for a quick breakfast, this surely helps. If you don’t have aerated water, you can use just plain water as well. Just let the batter sit for 10 mins for the baking powder to work.
Kremidotiganites ~ Greek Style Savory Onion Pancakes
Kremidotiganites | Greek Style Savory Onion Pancakes
- 1 cup – All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp – Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup – Onions
- 1 cup – Aerated Water/ Sparkling water
- 2 tsp – Olive oil or regular cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp – Pepper Powder
- Salt to taste
- Mint Leaves handful
How to make Kremidotiganites or Greek Style Savory Onion Pancakes:
- Heat a nonstick pan on low, add oil, saute the chopped onions till brown.
- Remove from the heat and add chopped mint, a pinch salt and ground pepper.
- In a bowl take the flour, add the baking powder, browned onions, and salt to taste. Whisk well.
- Now add the aerated water slowly and mix well to get a lump less batter.
- Do not over mix, when the batter is thick and smooth, let it sit for 10 mins.
- To fry the pancakes, heat the pan, grease with oil. Add 1/4 cup of batter per pancake to hot oil. Cook about 2
- minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve with any hot sauce, I served with ketchup.