With the holidays setting in for the kids, I am sure we are going to have our hands full for the whole of next week. Though Konda’s holidays started off earlier this week, boys had their school and were most reluctant to leave after their non stop playing that three of them get down to. This also means that I got to plan for to make for them during their holidays.
Last evening when I got back home after work, Chinnu came running to tell me something very important. He was looking so eager and enthu to say that his sister told him that Christmas Thatha will come soon to give them gifts. When I asked him how he knows and why should that happen. He replied with a surety that it is going to happen. Now I have a task of making sure that happens.
And yes I have been planning to make a fruit cake this year. Though I haven’t soaked any fruit, I am bent on trying out an egg less one, so I have been eternally in search of one that will fit my bill, which is easy to make! I have finalized on quite a few, got to narrow it down to the final one. Wish me luck, though I have baked many flavors, fruit cake I have never attempted. What is Christmas without a fruit cake tell me? This is what hubby dear says, though we normally buy it, this year I am keen on baking it myself.
Add the grated carrot to the flour.
Puree the tomato.
Add to the flour along with the baking powder, baking soda.
Wash and add the Corn kernels.
Now goes the pepper powder.
Mix and then add the finely chopped coriander and olive oil
Mix everything together.
Pour into the greased silicone muffin tray.
The above muffins are baked in Microwave mode.
These are baked in convectional mode at 185 degree C.
Carrot Corn Coriander Muffin
- 1 cup – All Purpose Flour / Maida
- 3/4 cup – Carrots, grated
- 1 cup – Corn Kernels
- 1/2 cup – Fresh Coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tsp – Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp – Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp – Cooking Soda
- 1/2 tsp – Salt
- 1 tbsp – Curds / Yogurt
- 1/2 cup – Tomatoes Puree
- 3/4 cup – Milk
- 1 tbsp – Olive Oil
- If using Microwave mode, grease or line the silicone Muffin tray.
- If using convectional baking mode, grease or line your muffin baking tray. Pre-Heat the oven at 185 degree C.
Method to prepare
- Grate the Carrots, add to the flour along with baking powder, cooking soda, salt, pepper.
- Add in the tomato puree, corns and milk. combine everything well. then add the coriander leaves, curds.
- Finally add the olive oil.
- Pour a spoon of batter into the silicone cups.
- Microwave for 3 minutes. Allow it to cool before removing.
- Pour the batter into the non stick muffin tray.
- Bake for 18 minutes at 185 degree C. Then allow it to cool down over the rack.