If there are few things I miss eating since becoming a pure Veg, its Cakes that tops the list. I still remember the divine taste of delicious chocolate truffle or Black Forest cakes and long for such taste again.
This need drove me to bake my own versions of Egg less cakes. Friends used to wonder at my strange need to bake when one can pick many such wonderful ones without so much labour. But then I was the veggie one. Of course all of them used to land up home for devouring off my hard work in flat 10 mins. That was a reward I was most happy with.
Now I am back to baking after a long gap and that’s because my daughter has finally acquired a taste for cakes and that too Chocolate cakes! So would I wait any longer to make my fav dish! nay straight I went and got things required and got on the job.
One mistake I did though, was to announce to her that I am going to bake one. She was underfoot the entire time asking me every 5 mins if her cake was ready. She loves cutting cakes with candles claiming its her birthday.
When everything was ready finally she wouldn’t even allow me to take pictures of the cake. I did manage with great difficult to capture few ones.
Whenever I bake Egg less cake and offer Dad, he asks “Is it shameless cake or what?”…well time too I was greeted with the same statement and it was so nostalgic.
Here you go for this lovely dish..
EggLess Black Forest Cake
Serves : Depends on what size you want to cut..:)
Preparation Time : 10 mins
Baking Time : 7 mins in Microwave / 20 min in oven (until its baked)
- 400 gm – Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 200 ml – Aerated Cola
- 125 gm – Butter
- 225 gm – Maida (All purpose flour)
- 2 to 3 tbsp – Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp – Baking Powder
- 1 tsp – Cooking Soda
- Salt a pinch
- Chocolate Bar for garnishing
For Icing Sugar
- 200 gm – Icing Sugar
- 100 gm – Butter
For Whipped cream
- 250 gm – Fresh Cream
- 10 nos – Cherries
Method to prepare:
- Melt butter in a thick bottom pan. Cool it and add Condensed Milk. Mix it well.
- Shift Maida, Cocoa powder, Baking powder, Cooking Soda and Salt together. Ensure there are no lumps.
- Grease the baking tray with little butter and dust it with Maida. Keep it aside.
- Take the pan with the butter. Gently fold in the dry flour and Aerated cola alternately until the flour and cola are done.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking tray and microwave it for 5 mins. Its done, still you can keep it for 2 mins on dual. Once done, you can check by inserting a knife in the middle of the dish. If the knife comes out clean, the cake is done!
- Topple it over the baking rack and let it cool for few mins, before icing it.
- Take a bowl, add icing sugar and butter. Whip it well until its nicely mixed. Spread this on the cake once its cooled a bit, else the icing sugar will melt.
- Fresh Cream also can be whipped with beater until it comes out frothy.
- I normally decorate it with whipped cream and Chocolate fudge. Finally grate eating chocolate on the top.
Your Egg less Black Forest Cake is ready. Enjoy!